After what has felt like years of development (maybe it has been) I have finally released my first game for iOS devices.
See here: Epic Tic Tac Toe on iTunes
Work on the game began early this year, but despite its apparent simplicity, many discouraging frustrations surfaced. I had to learn a new engine (iTorque 2d) and the ins and outs of working through Apple's process for publishing a game to their service. All of this was completely new and at times confusing. These things mixed with pockets of lacking motivation and haunting distraction really made this process painstakingly tedious.
But, what was truly accomplished?
1) A game was actually completed from start to finish!
2) I learned how to register and form an official business with my friend Cody Penner (DagurDragon.com)
3) Improved skill at working with engines at both the high (scripting) and low (programming) levels.
4) Maintained persistence and worked towards completion, even when unmotivated.
5) Established a foundation for further games (hopefully even more epic) to be released.
And now its time to see how yet another tic tac toe game is received out there. But I do believe it does have its own unique charm which should help it shine above the plethora of others.
Epic Tic Tac Toe can be downloaded for free from the app store.